Sainte-Hélène de Bagot,
* Position offered in Canada only
Does this position fit with you
Are you bilingual, do you have experience as a buyer ?
You know how to analyse product data sheets and analyse the differences, without being an expert in the field. You are a dynamic person who takes charges of the files, we can count on you to make the files move forward. You could be our ideal candidate.
We offer additional in-company training !
We are a highly integrated computerized company and we will train yu on our systems, our procedures and our products.
This position can be 100% face-to-face or shared face-to-face and teleworking.
Expected start date : immediate
- Buy and negotiate with national and international suppliers
- Evaluate product offers, research and validation of new sources of supply
- Ensure the timely supply of products and the integrity of related computer documentation
- Research products needed for specific projects according to the needs of the technical and sales team
- Supervise the purchasing clerks (monitoring of purchases and other tasks of the clerks according to the purchasing load to be done)
- Maintain an up-to-date and compliant RFQ list
- Be bilingual (French/English)
- Have relevant experience of at least 2 years in the supply department as a senior manager or 3 years as a purchasing clerk
- Know the mechanics of exchange rates, customs and incoterms
- Have good numeracy and math skills
- Be very comfortable with computer systems, for research, data entry and creation of sheets, and know how to use the Microsoft Office suite
- Be orderly, organized and autonomous
- Effective in managing time and resources
- Know how to plan and manage a high flow of requests/follow-ups
Interesting additional skills
- Know the Odoo ERP system
- Knowledge of products related to greenhouse cultivation
- Technical knowledge in plumbing
- Technical knowledge in electricity
- Technical knowledge in chemistry
- Knowledge of Spanish
- Experience as a senior buyer for at least (5) years
- Experience as a greenhouse buyer for at least 5 years
- In-depth experience of 10 years as a buyer responsible for international purchases
- DEP in supply management
- Or college in supply management or better
Large open plan office
Possibility of teleworking
(according to certain criteria)
Monday to Thursday 8h-17h
Full-time : 39h per week
Location: 20-100 % in company
0-80 % in telework
The possibility of teleworking depends on autonomy experience and knowledge related to the field of the ressource.
100% in-company training
$21 to $32/h
(depending on experience and qualifications)
+ attendance bonus of $1/h